Building a Hockey Program
Taking all the resources and making it your own.
Step 1 - Creating a culture
Plan how you will bring the team together and be a family - "You win in the locker room" - Jon Gordon
Step 2 - Accountability
Plan how you are going to create rules and expectations as a team that everyone is clearly on same page. Team Statement.
Step 3 - Design your plans
Plan your year. Plan your phases. Plan your lessons and how your going to use your staff to execute the plan. See Plan PDFs
- Game Like Scenarios Training
- Team Building Activities and Service Opportunities
- Player Meetings and Goal Setting
- Dryland Training / Off Ice Skill Building / Hitting Clinics / Position Run Through / Street Hockey / Gym Rentals
- Video Analysis and Video Coaching (Coaches Eye App, I Movie, Windows Movie Maker, Recommend Hudl)
- Nutrition and Sleep Education
- Advancement and Career Support
Step 4 - Parent meeting
Plan a first class and professional presentation that shows your commitment to the team and the plan you have for them. (See example)
- Rules, Routines and Expectations
Step 5 - Begin coaching
Execute your plans / reflect along the way / learn in the process / communicate to players and parents continuously.